8th GRADE ACTIVITIES & FUND
This is a very exciting time of year for our Walter Reed Middle School 8th grade students. In conjunction with Friends of Reed and PTSA, there are a variety of activities planned for all eligible 8th graders. Eligibility is based on your 8th grader meeting the Culmination Requirements provided by Walter Reed Middle School.
During May and June Walter Reed sponsors or co-sponsors activities for eligible 8th grade students which include the Panoramic Class Picture on April 20, 8th Grade Awards Night on May 31, 8th Grade Dance on June 2, Fun Day on June 8 in the afternoon, and the Culmination ceremony on June 9. More details for each of these activities will follow as we get closer to the date of the activity.
Donate to Fund 8th Grade Activities
In order to fund the 8th Grade Dance and Fun Day, we are asking 8th Grade Parents/Guardians to donate $30 per student. Donations are voluntary and do not cover the cost of the Jr. Grad Night tickets (see below for Jr. Grad Night info). We understand that some families can donate a smaller amount while others can give more. Our goal is 100% 8th Grade participation. For the 8th Grade Dance and Fun Day, no student will be denied the ability to participate due to inability to donate. However, some events may be scaled down or cancelled if there is insufficient funding.
Refund policy: A portion or full reimbursement of your donation will be issued if events need to be cancelled or altered due to COVID protocols. Refunds will not be offered for other reasons.
Additional fundraisers may be held to pay for activities if we are not able to raise sufficient funds in this donation campaign.
If you would like to be on the planning committee for some or all of these events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations can be made at any time until June 1st!
Donate by Payment Voucher
Donate Online by Credit Card
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JR. GRAD BASH!
A NON-SPONSORED FIELD TRIP
Friday, May 19, 2023 4 PM Departure from WRMS
11:15PM Pickup time at WRMS
Friends of Reed and PTSA are co-sponsoring Junior Grad Bash at Universal Studios. This activity is not a LAUSD event and students can elect to attend (please see this letter from the school).
Students must meet Culmination Requirements in order to be eligible to attend.
- The cost of one ticket is $100 and includes admission to Universal Studios and bus transportation to and from the event. Universal does not allow season’s pass holders to participate in the Junior Grad Bash without purchasing a ticket.
- While the park is open to the general public from 10:30AM – 4:00PM, the park has exclusive hours for Junior Grad Night from 4:00PM – 11:15PM with 8th Grade students from multiple schools attending this event.
- Students are allowed to purchase food, drink, and souvenirs, from the concession stands throughout the park with their own money.
- Approved parent volunteers will chaperone the students.
- Students will be allowed to roam freely within the park, with departure time at 11 PM. - 8th Grade students attending this event must be Walter Reed Middle School students and ride the bus to and from Universal Studios.
- Jr. Grad Bash students must adhere to Universal Studios dress code.
- If a student cannot afford the cost of the ticket, but will meet eligibility requirements and would like to attend, please contact Friends of Reed at email@example.com
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS:
- No refunds after April 14, 2023 if your child is unable to attend for any reason.
- If the event is cancelled by Universal Studios due to COVID protocols, a refund for ticket cost will be made (we may not be able to refund the cost of the buses if we have to cancel less than 30 days before the event).
More information will follow regarding this event as we get closer to the event date.