Who are we?
We are made up of hard-working parents, students & teachers who pool our talents to provide practical support for our school. The FoR board consists of volunteers serving a one year term for up to two consecutive years. Our board is elected in the Spring of each year. Those listed below volunteered to provide leadership this year. Get to know their names and faces, and feel free to ask them if you have questions. If you're interested in running for a position, please, check back on this site during the nomination process or contact a current board member below.
FRIENDS OF REED BOARD
FoR is made up of hard-working parents who pool their talents to provide practical support for our school. Those listed below volunteered to provide leadership this year. Get to know their names and faces, and feel free to ask them if you have questions.
• Communicates regularly with Principal
• Sets fundraising calendar with Principal and keeps goals in focus
• Presides over monthly FoR meetings
• Collaborates with PTSA and FIHP
• Sets annual operating budget with Treasurer
• Supports Exec. Board Members and helps recruit new volunteers
VP - Programs
• Coordinates volunteer recruitment and collects data concerning volunteer opportunities
• Follows up with committees to place volunteers accordingly
• Manages Online Directory
• Chief Financial Officer for FoR
• Set annual operating budget with President
• Keeps accurate accounts of all FoR financial transactions in Quickbooks
• Distributes monthly balance sheets and supporting reports to the Exec. Board and Principal
• Prepares all checks for dispersing funds
• Supports outside accountant to prepare annual tax return
• Sets agenda for monthly FoR meetings
• Keeps, posts and maintains record of minutes of FoR meetings
• Files any required insurance forms for events
• Ensures all necessary insurance is up-to-date
JOIN OUR 2022 - 2023 TEAM!
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, self-driven parents who want back the future and be more involved with their middle school students. Several key positions are available. Read more about the responsibilities for each role and fill out the Volunteer Interest form to let us know where you see yourself.
Fundraising Chair -
Oversees the FoR Annual Giving Campaign Committee, cultivates family financial support for Reed to help fund an enriched educational experience, oversees corporate matching procedures, and secures funds, goods and services from local businesses year-round.
Holds clean-up events for families to help keep our campus updated and beautiful.
Communications Chair -
Writes and distributes newsletter, oversees website and social media accounts, maintains GuideStar non-profit profile
Grant Writing - OPEN POSITION -
Researches & requests federal and private grants to support Reed programs.
Restaurant Fundraisers -
Arranges local restaurants for special dine-out event where a percentage of all proceeds go to the school.
Spirit Wear -
Designs, orders, promotes and sells school t-shirts and other merchandise.
8th Grade Leads -
Coordinates the 8th grade program including communicating with the 8th grade teacher team, managing the finances and overseeing the planning of Grad Night, Fun Day, 8th Grade Dance, and other related events