FRIENDS OF REED TEAM 2022-2023
We are made up of hard-working parents and Reed community members who pool our talents to provide practical support for our school.
Want to be involved? Think you might like to try a leadership role? Complete the Volunteer Interest Form today or contact email@example.com.
FRIENDS OF REED EXECUTIVE BOARD 2022-2023
The FoR board consists of volunteers serving a one year term for up to two consecutive years. Our board is elected in the Spring of each year. Those listed below volunteered to provide leadership this year. Get to know their names and faces, and feel free to ask them if you have questions. If you're interested in running for a position, please, check back on this site during the nomination process or contact a current board member below.
• Communicates regularly with Principal
• Sets fundraising calendar with Principal and keeps goals in focus
• Presides over monthly FoR meetings
• Collaborates with PTSA and FIHP
• Sets annual operating budget with Treasurer
• Supports Exec. Board Members and helps recruit new volunteers
VP - Programs
• Coordinates volunteer recruitment
• Collects data concerning volunteer opportunities
• Follows up with committees to place volunteers
• Manages communications subscription database
• Chief Financial Officer for FoR
• Set annual operating budget with President
• Keeps accurate accounts of all FoR financial transactions in Quickbooks
• Distributes monthly balance sheets and reports to the Exec. Board and Principal
• Prepares all checks for dispersing funds
• Supports outside accountant to prepare annual tax return
• Sets agenda for monthly FoR meetings
• Keeps, posts and maintains record of minutes of FoR meetings
• Files any required insurance forms for events
• Ensures all necessary insurance is up-to-date
Several key positions are available. Read more about the responsibilities for each role and fill out the Volunteer Interest form to let us know where you see yourself.
Annual Giving - Sunny Paperny
Oversees the FoR Annual Giving Campaign Committee, cultivates family financial support for Reed to help fund an enriched educational experience
Restaurant Fundraisers -Maria Russo
Arranges local restaurants for special dine-out event where a percentage of all proceeds go to the school.
Spirit Wear - Jenna Schwartz and Parisa Stepanek
Designs, orders, promotes and sells school t-shirts and other merchandise.
Beautification - Linda Mathious
Holds clean-up events for families to help keep our campus updated and beautiful.
Communications (joint PTSA/FoR position) - Tammy Bumann
Writes and distributes newsletter, oversees website and social media accounts, maintains GuideStar non-profit profile
8th Grade Leads - Nicolle Fefferman & Sunny Paperny
Coordinates the 8th grade program including communicating with the 8th grade teacher team, managing the finances and overseeing the planning of Grad Night, Fun Day, 8th Grade Dance, and other related events
Sponsorship - OPEN POSITION
Oversees sponsorship program and assists with securing funds, goods and services from local businesses year-round.
Grant Writing - OPEN POSITION
Researches & requests federal and private grants to support Reed programs.
JOIN OUR 2022 - 2023 TEAM OR A COMMITTEE!
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, self-driven parents and community members who want back the future and be more involved with their middle school students. Fill out the Volunteer Interest form to let us know where you see yourself.